Thursday, November 7, 2024

Another Step

Exactly one week later, on September 7, 2024, the journey continued. Countless thoughts whirled about as I wondered whether the thrill from the first step was a fluke. It wasn't. It was anything but a fluke. After several rounds, most of my shots were starting to "group" (result of shooting multiple arrows) more onto the target--instead of landing beyond, before, and around the bale. 

Landing an arrow into the yellow/gold area is always fun, even if it isn't precisely a "bull's eye" (the highest scoring section of the target). While I was still trying to figure out too many things in my repeated attempts to improve, a few ideas persistently preoccupied my mind: 

  • fun
  • shoot more arrows as often as possible
  • How can I aim better???
One wish was granted towards the end of my session: more arrows in a round.



No comments:

Post a Comment

One Small Step for Man

One giant leap for me! Two days and quite a few arrows later, I'm beginning to manage a better grouping at around 20 yd. Shooting arrows...