Friday, November 15, 2024

One Small Step for Man

One giant leap for me! Two days and quite a few arrows later, I'm beginning to manage a better grouping at around 20 yd.

Shooting arrows is feeling more intuitive and requiring less active thinking throughout the entire process. Though there is some familiarity now, there are still too many variables that can make any given shot go astray. Case in point below towards the end of the session.

Lots of energy is poured into the system with very little to see for a time, similar to waiting for water to boil. Likewise, after multiple sessions and shooting a few hundred arrows, what cannot be captured in these photos is the ease and comfort of holding the bow at my full draw (pulling back the bowstring)--I no longer feel sore or tired after practicing for 1-2 hours at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Small Step for Man

One giant leap for me! Two days and quite a few arrows later, I'm beginning to manage a better grouping at around 20 yd. Shooting arrows...